All pre-commissioning cleaning works are carried out to the guidelines set out in the BSRIA BG 29/2020 publication … or, to the design criteria of the specific installation.
The BSRIA BG 29/2020 “Pre-Commission Cleaning of Pipework Systems” outlines the methodology for the cleaning of new closed water systems. The guideline also illustrates design and installation requirements. We ensure
- All chemicals used are compatible with multi metal installations
- The suitable maintenance and sampling of closed water systems
- That chemical levels are maintained to prevent any corrosion or microbiological fouling
- That on older installations where a chemical clean may be deemed too aggressive, we can provide a raw water dynamic flush of systems and install a temporary sidestream filtration unit to aid in the removal of system debris
- Chlorination and sampling of new SLO mains water and hydrant water pipework to the utilities providers’ requirements.
- Chlorination of new building installation pipework as specified in the BSI document PD 855468:2015
- Disinfection of cold water storage tanks, hot water calorifiers and associated hot & cold water services to the Health & Saferty Executive's technical guidance note HSG 274 part 2
- Sampling of water systems for bacterial testing at a UKAS accredited laboratory.
- We are a Member of the Legionella Control Association (LCA) and offer legionella control services (please rollover LCA logo at top of page for details) in accordance with the LCA Code of Conduct and your Obligations Legionella as a client
- Our Operations Director is a Member of the Water Management Society (WMSoc)
- Our Finance & HR Director is a Member of the Royal Society for Public Health (RSPH) and their Water Special Interest Group
Commissioning of Air & Water Installations
Commissioning is a vitally important activity in the construction process prior to building completion and handover. It ensures that the services of the building are fully working in accordance with the design specification. From small projects to large installations, together with our partners, we can provide:-
- Complete commissioning activities from static completion to fully functional operational systems
- Thorough and detailed commissionability studies on future HVAC installations
- System performance work, including coil performance checks, dirty filter simulation checks, ductwork leakage testing
- Validation checks on existing HVAC systems
- Noise and lighting levels
- Commissioning witnessing